Introduction (discuss below in the comments section):
If someone you loved passed away, what are some things you could do to cope with the loss?
Key Vocabulary (look up meaning of unknown words/expressions):
Main Idea Question:
What do you think the Raven in the clip symbolizes?
Listen to the clip one time through without stopping:
Detailed Questions (fill in the blank in the comments section):
- Why is he reading forgotten lore?
- What do you think tapping/rapping stands for?
- Why do you think that he hears the voice of ‘Lenore”
- Why do you think the Raven then says, “Nevermore”?
- “To the fowl whose fiery eyes now burned into my ___________ ____________”
- And the lamplight o’er streaming throws his ____________ on the floor. And my ______ from out that ________ that lies floating on the floor. Shall ________ ________ nevermore.
Further Discussion Questions:
- What do you think of the poem (e.g. the style, the length, the message etc.)?
- Do you think that the protagonist in the poem is doing the right thing? How do you cope with loss?
- Do you think it is possible to forget about a very close loved one who passed away?